Thursday, May 26, 2011

And then there was "Beardy"...

I was working on a project where no one liked to meet in person - everyone LOVED to have conference calls. The culmination of the project resulted in a series of in person meetings. Day one was a little awkward - as each person walked in the door you instantly starting trying to match a face with a voice. A person almost NEVER looks like what they sound like on the phone before you meet them. After day one of introductions, everything was cool. No real shockers. But as we wrapped the day, someone mentioned "Beardy will be here tomorrow." Beardy? lol. Yep. Beardy. And you can guess what his most prominent feature is upon meeting him.

So of course, I forget about Beardy until I walk into the building the next day and press the elevator button. And for a brief moment, I'm excited! I'm looking forward to meeting Beardy...Is his beard long? Is it patchy? Does he dye it? How will I react? I pull myself together as I arrive on the floor. As soon as I walk in the door, there he was. Beardy.

It's funny that people give random nicknames to colleagues. I have to admit, I've done it! I'm actually laughing to myself right now thinking of the names that i've heard. This all my leaves me to wonder what people call me at work? I really don't know! Corporate thug maybe? lol

What do you think people call you behind your back? What are some of the nicknames you've heard for colleagues? Dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment